The first snow day of 2017 is a great excuse to stay in and invent! Today I created a new power treat loaded with GOOD proteins and fats to help keep me fueled and balanced through December. I'm happy to report that this treat turned out to be delicious. One of these little squares before going to a party or out for a giant smorgasbord and your appetite will be curbed. I also snuck in all kinds of awesome extras: anti-inflammatory turmeric powder, digestive aids fresh ground ginger and cardamom, metabolism boosting and #1 in terms of protective antioxidant levels fresh ground cinnamon, and immune boosting cloves. Oh, and to be extra prepared for seasonal festivities, I added fresh ground nutmeg, which is said to be good for liver and kidney detox. Sounds like a good combo for anything that ails you.
Fuel your holiday season and your body!
Good Zebra Spiced Nut Butter Freezer FudgeBottom Cookie / Carob Layer:
- 3 bags Chai Spirit Animal Crackers
- 1/3 Cup cocoa powder (I use Chatfield’s)
- ½ Cup peanut butter (I used Wild Friends)
- 1/3 Cup coconut oil melted (I used Carrington Farms)
I used a food processor to blend the above into a creamy texture. Spread evenly in an 8” cake pan or for a thicker bar use a bread loaf. Freeze for 15 minutes while preparing the topping. I didn’t even wash my food processor – went straight into the messy one with a top layer:
- 1 cup sunflower butter (I used Once Again Nut Butter)
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 T freshly ground cinnamon
- 1 T. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground ginger
- 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp freshly ground cloves
- ½ tsp freshly ground cardamom
- 3 T maple syrup
- A small slice off of a vanilla bean
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt to bring all the flavors together
Place back in the freezer for a good hour, cut and enjoy. I found it best after it has about 5 minutes out of the freezer. Store in the freezer and grab a cube whenever you need a boost.